We at West-Ward Pharmaceuticals Corp. (West-Ward) respect your concerns about privacy and value the relationship that we have with you. This Privacy Statement describes the types of personal information that we collect and use from and about individuals who visit our websites, which include www.west-ward.com, www.mitigare.com, www.wwondemand.com and www.hikma-americas.com (collectively, the Sites) and who we interact with through our email communications. We describe how we use the information we collect, who we share it with, what choices are available to the individuals we collect information from, and the measures we take to protect the security of the information we collect.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to West-Ward’s human resources information, including information that we collect from prospective job applicants and from employees and contractors, or to information that West-Ward collects offline for other designated purposes.
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement or other privacy-related matters, see How to Contact Us, below.
If you are a California resident, see additional information in California Privacy Rights, below.
Information that We Collect and How We Use It
Personal information that we collect directly from and about you
In general, you can visit our Sites without telling us who you are or providing any personal information about yourself, but you may also choose to use our “Contact Us” function, in which case you will be asked to provide personal information, which will consist of your name, contact information, business or professional affiliation, if any, and specialty if you are a healthcare professional.
Website Tools and Tracking Technology
We may also use certain automated tools and technologies to collect other information from visitors to our Sites, including, but not limited to
- Traffic Data – When you visit our Sites, we may automatically track and collect the following categories of information: (1) your Internet protocol and domain server address; (2) the date, time, and duration of your visit to the Sites; (3) the type of web browser and operating system you used to access the Sites; and (4) the web pages that you accessed at the Sites (collectively, Traffic Data). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not identify or track you personally. We use Traffic Data to evaluate and improve the content of our Sites and to make our Sites more useful to visitors. We also use it to diagnose problems with our server, to keep our server running smoothly, and to monitor the number of visitors to our Sites and the type(s) of technology they use.
- Cookies – A cookie is a small data file that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser and for other purposes such as storing information, settings, or preferences. We use temporary session cookies to maintain the functionality of our online services during your visit to our Sites, including permitting you to navigate among our webpages and access content. These temporary cookies contain no information that personally identifies you and they only exist until you exit our Sites and close your browser.
- Tracking Codes – We may also use tracking codes such as web beacons and pixels to track the pages you view on our Sites, to collect information about the links to and from our Sites that you click on, and to collect information about emails that we may send and you may open. We use these tracking codes to measure the effectiveness of our Sites and of our marketing and email campaigns by analyzing information about individuals who click on a link to or from our Sites; the frequency with which our email messages are opened and the links they contain are clicked on; and the extent to which our email messages are forwarded to others.
- Other – We may also use other tools and technology, including third-party data analytics tools, to collect information, such as identifiers of the devices used to access our website; the type of software, device, operating system and browser being used; the service provider; and the search terms and URL of the web page that linked you to our Sites. All such information will be used for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
At this time, we do not honor “do not track” signals from website browsers. However, you may refuse or delete cookies. If you refuse or delete cookies, some of our Sites’ functionality may be impaired. If you refuse or turn off cookies, our Traffic Data, tracking codes and other technologies will still detect your visits to our Sites and be used as described above. Please refer to your browser’s Help instructions to learn more about how to manage cookies and the use of other tracking technologies.
We will use the information that you choose to provide and that we obtain through public sources, as well as the information that we collect through our Sites, our email, and tracking codes and other technologies to respond to your inquiries; to customize and improve the content of our Sites and other communications; to provide you with West-Ward information, products, and services; and to support our core business functions, such as order fulfillment, service requests, customer service, product safety and improvement, marketing, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety, and legal functions.
Your Ability to Opt Out Of Communications from West-Ward
We want to communicate with you about West-Ward and our products and services, but only in the ways that you agree to hear from us. You may opt-out or unsubscribe from our newsletters, special offers or discounts, and other marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in any e-mail that you receive from us or a third party acting on our behalf, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, or by contacting us as shown in How to Contact Us, below. After doing so, you will not receive future promotional emails or other marketing communications, unless you sign up again to receive newsletters or emails. Please allow up to 2 weeks to process your request.
We will not contact you via telephone or text message without your express consent (opt-in).
Information We Share
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise disclose personal information except as described in this Privacy Statement. We may share personal information provided to us with service providers and business partners who provide services on our behalf, such as hosting our Sites, generating analytics for our Sites, managing customer relationships, distributing communication content, and assisting us in providing other services related to West-Ward’s operations, and we only permit them to use that information to the extent necessary to accomplish those business functions. In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, (ii) in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Statement. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
Links to Other Websites
This Privacy Statement does not apply to third-party websites that may be accessible through hyperlinks on our Sites. These websites operate independently from West-Ward and are not under our control. These websites may have their own privacy notices, and we strongly encourage you to review the privacy practices of any linked website that you choose to visit. With the exception of any site(s) to which we refer you to apply for a job with West-Ward or to receive other West-Ward—specific services, we are not responsible for the content of these sites, any products or services that may be offered through these sites, or any other use of these sites.
West-Ward maintains reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction, and we require the third-party service providers and business partners that we work with to do the same.
We do not knowingly collect information directly from anyone under 13 years of age. Where appropriate, West-Ward will specifically instruct children not to submit such information to our Sites. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, or if a parent or guardian of a child contacts us as shown in How to Contact Us, below, we will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our databases.
Changes or Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may update or change this Privacy Statement from time to time and without prior notice to you. We will post a notice on our Sites to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Statement and indicate at the bottom of the Statement when it was most recently updated.
How to Contact Us
West-Ward is committed to working with consumers to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any queries, complaints, or disputes about privacy. If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send us a letter addressed to:
West-Ward Pharmaceuticals Corp.
401 Industrial Way West
Eatontown, New Jersey 07724-2206
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from West-Ward regarding the manner in which West-Ward shares certain categories of your personal information with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to West-Ward at its designated address or email address and receive the following information:
- The categories of information West-Ward disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and
- The names and addresses of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. You may make such a request by writing to us or emailing us using the contact information provided above.
Effective Date: May 5, 2017